We had an incredible weekend celebrating my SEVEN year old. Sheesh, that felt like it just flew by. And we are fully into getting ready for a quarantined holiday season, so I thought we could share special ways to count down to the 25th.
1. Make salt dough ornaments. We have made them with handprints the last few years!
2. Read ALL of your Christmas or holiday books by the tree. (use Epic or youtube story times for new fun reads!)
3. Make and decorate sugar cookies! We have made and LOVE this sugar cookie recipe.
4. Decorate gingerbread houses! Include everyone in the family.
5. Drive around and look at lights, hot chocolate is a must.
7. Have your kiddos pick out gifts for each other (shopping for them is more fun but online ordering will do during a pandemic).
8. Get outside, we love taking our hot chocolate or tea on our daily walks ( I just ordered these cups for the girls), even in the freezing cold getting outside is HUGE!
9. Make our donate pile with toys we are no longer use. I have the girls write a note for how they used their favorite toys.
10. Take kids to pick out toys and bring them to a donation spot ( I have seen them at Supermarkets and Marshalls)
11. Have the kiddos do holiday crafts, I like to plan out a few for each week, this gives them something to look forward to and gives me time to gather materials (I have been pinning some favorites here )!
12. Learn about how other cultures celebrate the holidays ( we love this book with cookie recipes around the globe, and this one about how different cultures celebrate Christmas but you can search Epic or even read-out-louds on YouTube).
13. Donate canned goods to a food pantry or shelter.
14. Indoor snowball fight!
15. Light some candles, pick a few family games, small prizes and snack for a family game night. We love making simple things more festive by lighting candles and doing them by the tree.
16. Write a letter to Santa.
17. Deliver homemade baked goodies to neighbors!
18. Make holiday themed lunch!
19. Make and mail a teacher holiday gifts!
20. Get in your favorite Christmas jammies and have a Christmas movie marathon! We set out a nice snack board, and watch a couple of our favorites all bundled up together. This year we have a fireplace and it just makes it special.