A day late with this post! But instead of waiting until next week I thought I'd share since it is a perfect summer bbq side.
This should actually not even be called a recipe, more like common sense because ALL corn should be soaked in melted butter, roasted and served every single summer night. It's so simple but letting the corn soak in melted butter for a few hours (or a day like this batch did) changes the game. And if you are anything like my family you make corn every chance you get during these short summer months. At the end of the summer I plan on freezing a few large batches of the roasted goodness for chilli's and soups this winter.
Recipe is as easy as this:
- Melt 1 1/2 sticks of butter (stove top or microwave both work).
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil & herbs of your choice to the butter (I used dried oregano, dried cilantro, garlic powder, onion powder & spanish paprika , 1/2 tsp salt & 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper -fresh herbs would be the bomb.com - about a total of 2 tbsp)
- Whisk until well combined.
- Place 6 ears of corn (I halved so they fit better) in a ziploc bag and pour in slightly cooled herbed butter.
- Shake to cover all of the corn and let it sit. The longer the better.
(Every time I went by the bag I would shake it to keep it evenly covered in buttery goodness)
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat.
- Grill, turning often, until it is tender and charred in spots, 5-8 minutes.
Next time I'll brush corn with left over butter before devouring... Hope you love these as much as we have!
PS I promise you that the strawberry cake recipe is coming but after dropping the entire cake before photgraphing it (or tasting) I thought I'd give myself a break....