I have promised you guys this delicious (and easy) recipe for a while now but I cannot keep it any longer. It is barely a recipes, because you just toss all ingredients, season the potatoes and then toss in the air fryer. But I do promise you it will impress all your dinner guests.
I actually prefer the Japanese sweet potatoes (long and white on the inside ) for this recipe but they didn't have any at Whole Foods delivery this week so I decided to use traditional ones, and they are just as delicious. So go ahead and use any potatoes you like but DO NOT SKIMP on the red onions. All of the seasonings are negotiable but the onions are NOT.
1 Red Onion
4 Sweet Potatoes
2 tbsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Dried Oregano
1 tsp Sweet Paprika (more or less depending on your like)
Sea Salt & White Pepper to taste (I use about 1 tsp each but this will depend on your spice level preference)
2 1/2 Agave
2 tbsp Avocado oil (or any oil that is high heat)
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees
- Cut up the potatoes and onion into 1/2 inch cubes.
- For extra crunchy potatoes, after cutting soak them for 20 minutes in a bowl of ice water.
- Toss everything, including the seasonings and oil into bowl until everything is evenly coated.
- Toss into the preheated air fryer for 40-50 minutes ( this will depend on how crunchy you prefer them), making sure to open and toss everything every ten minutes.
Serve them hot! These will be a perfect side at your next BBQ, or with a fried egg for brunch or solo as a snack. My favorite things to do is adding a 2nd red onion in this dish (they have sooo many health benefits and are just delicious this way!).
I hope you are well and enjoy this delicious dish as much as we have the past 6 months!